To help the CLARISSA programme with its evaluation, we are inviting a consultant in Bangladesh and a consultant in Nepal to carry out substantiation of programme outcomes that have been harvested by programme teams.
CLARISSA is a systemic action research programme generating innovative solutions for children to avoid hazardous, exploitative labour in Bangladesh and Nepal. CLARISSA is delivered by a consortium including the Institute for Development Studies (IDS), Terre des hommes, ChildHope and Consortium for Street Children. It is funded by the UK Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO).
The programme is seeking two evaluation specialists with experience using Outcome Harvesting (OH) to take on the roles of OH consultants in Bangladesh and Nepal. The OH consultants are expected to conduct substantiation of outcomes harvested and analysed by the CLARISSA programme in one of the two countries. Local consultant/s in each country can apply for the respective country, or international consultant/s who have sound expertise to work in two countries including the ability to speak in local languages can also apply.
Applications are expected separately for Bangladesh and Nepal, although together will also be considered.
Each consultancy is expected to last for up to 20 days (depending on rate) – within the period of last week of October to December 2023.
Who should apply?
- A proven academic and professional record, with extensive knowledge and experience in the fields of development studies, management, social sciences, or development communications.
- At least ten years of experience in evaluation of development programs and a bias towards using outcome harvest approach.
- Strong critical analysis and demonstrated excellence in preparing reports in a clear and concise manner.
- Ability to communicate/consult with children and relevant stakeholders in Bangla (for Bangladesh) or Nepali (for Nepal)
- Inception report including intended methodology, data collection techniques, and implementation plan
- Draft substantiation report
- Final version of outcome harvesting report and a brief presentation to the consortium team
|When / deadline
|Submit applications to CLARISSA
|20 September 11.59pm
|Select and notify applicants for interview
|Interviews and final selection
|W/C 2 October
|Delivery of outputs
|Last week of October to December 2023